Music for Dancing
In response to inquiries, our DJ Stefan Rickli (Spotify user: stefanrickli) has put together a collection of music for different dance styles:
Collection of Stefan Rickli (Spotify)
The songs are sorted by dance and tempo, with the most suitable tempo marked with a star. Of course there are many other good songs, and this selection is merely meant to ease or to provide a starting point for your own search.
In a second, a man can embarrass himself for eternity.
The Five Golden Rules of Social Dancng
- Behave the way you would like others to behave towards you.
- You cannot decline an invitation to dance except for three reasons - with only one exception to this rule.
- Adjust your dancing to your partner and the situation on the floor.
- Change dance partners or take a break after at latest three songs.
- No unsolicitated teaching. Never.
Here you can download the short and the full Dance Etiquette.
Thanks to Axel for providing this resource!
In the following Google-Calender you can find a colourful mix of dance events. Please note:
- The calendar contains Social, Salsa, Swing and Milonga dance events, as well as dance tournaments
- There is no claim to completeness
- The calendar is maintained, but it is advisable to check with the organizer that the event is actually taking place